Admin users need to be able to perform administrative tasks on events, e.g. booking or releasing seats or marking seats as not for sale.
That’s where the event manager comes in handy: it's a special tool for your admin users, that you can embed in your backoffice application.
You can set the Event Manager to different modes, each mode offering different functionality:
- Manage Object statuses mode: to book and release seats.
- Manage For Sale config mode: to mark seats as for sale / not for sale.
- Manage Table booking mode: to indicate which tables are bookable as a whole, and which ones are bookable by seat.
- Manage Channels mode: to manage the list of channels for the event, and to assign objects to channels.
- Manage Categories mode: to assign different categories to objects for a specific event.
- Select mode: provide a way for your back office users to select seats to perform custom operations.
- Filter Sections mode: provide a way to filter the currently active section to display custom reporting on your back office.
- Static mode: provide your back office users to get a readonly view on the current state of the Event.