Publishing a draft version means replacing the currently published version by the draft version. The draft version is deleted afterwards. This cannot be undone!
If everything goes well and the draft chart is published, you'll get a 204 No Content response.
If, however, the chart contains validation errors, the chart is not published and a 400 Bad Request response is issued. The response body contains details of why the validation failed and looks like this:
Currently the following validators are supported:
- VALIDATE_UNLABELED_OBJECTS: can a chart contain unlabeled seats?
- VALIDATE_DUPLICATE_LABELS: can a chart contain two bookable objects that have the same label (e.g. two seats with label A-1)
- VALIDATE_OBJECTS_WITHOUT_CATEGORIES: Is it allowed for a seat to have no category?
- VALIDATE_FOCAL_POINT: Is a focal point required for a seating chart to be valid? Charts without focal point cannot use Best Available seat selection.
- VALIDATE_OBJECT_TYPES_PER_CATEGORY: Is it allowed to, for example, apply a category A to both seats and booths?
You can set the validation level for each of them via your settings page.